Thursday, August 13, 2015

10 things I want to tell high school girls // august 2015

I have once again neglected my blog. *gasp* 

life happens. 

I've been thinking about writing this one for a while because it's something close to my heart. 

so, from my high school experiences, here are some things I've gathered I want to share with you gals. 

1. I really pray you are a lady who follows after God. and if you are, I pray you seek him out every. single. day. that's the most important advice I have ever been told, and oh, is it so important. also, get involved in a youth group. 

2. seriously, stop obsessing over guys. 

3. take full advantage of the many classes offered. I regret not taking greenhouse. don't waste your time on P.E. just to do nothing, unless you love P.E. then you go girl. 

4. it's really okay to have a small friend group.  by the time I was a senior, I had one close friend and I am forever thankful for that. being popular isn't what it's all about. focus on being a good friend rather than having many friends. 

5. get involved. please? I was never the athletic girl so I wasn't star on the basketball team but I rocked that HOSA club and went to nationals. I used to think because I didn't play any sports, I wasn't cool enough.  I hope you never think that because there are so many opportunities  right under you. take them. 

6. protect your skin. I'm all about a good tan but please use caution *cough* sunscreen. and for the love, stop tanning in the tanning bed.  it's the only skin you will ever have! 

7. study. believe it or not, there is a technique to studying and you will wish you practiced that to prepare you for college. 

8. take good care of your body.  eat what you want, but also drink water. and if you like to workout, I advise you to do so.  I'm not saying you should be a crossfit champ, but get active even if that means 10 minutes out of your day. your body will thank you! 

9. it's O K A Y to wear cute clothes and makeup and fix your hair. I always hated when people asked me why I dressed up, because I wanted to. don't be that person that asks. show off your personality! but please wash your makeup off. back to that skin thing! 

10. last but not least, be your true self.  be a real person.  be true to YOURself. keep your standards. just because you're  in that "well, I've never done this but I'm young sooo I'll try" stage, does not mean you should lose all morals.  make a list of standards you'd like to set for yourself and read them daily. important stuff, girls. 

high school is a huge part of your life but remember, it's not the only part.  life happens even after. prom isn't the most stressful thing you will ever go through.  I promise!  

have a great school year & shine your light ladies! (pray that every single day)

xo, bb


No comments :

Post a Comment